View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:46 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Captions forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Life is Feudal:Forest Village and Modding 
Draconian Saint

Have thanks: 166 time
Post Life is Feudal:Forest Village and Modding
Although FV is still in Steam Early Access it is easily modded even for those like me who don't know coding. Here is a link to how to get started.
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Fores ... 195408217/
The only problem may be with saving the life_is_feudal.bms file. I had problems because my browser would only sae to a text file. What I did was sae the text file and then change the name to life_is_feudal.bms and it worked fine.

For the purposeof modding save the quickbms.bms file to the game root directory and be sure to include life_is_feudal.bms inside that folder. Actually you could save the quickbms file annwhere but for convenience I save in the game root directory.

Make a new folder, call it anything you like. I called mine Unpacked files.

Take a look at the files and folders available. Locate the one called cfg.pak. This is the one you want right now. Open your quickbms folder, double click on the quickbms.exe file. This will open up a screen with two files. Click on quickbms.txt which will open a new interactive screen. "Select the bms file to use" Select life_is_feudal.bms. The file to extract is the cfg.pak file. Extract it ot the folder you have set up for that purpose. Follow the instructions carefully.

Now go to your extract folder and open it. Choose the cfg folder. This folder contains a lot of files and folders. For now ignore all but normal. Open that folder. Here again are a bunch of files. Many can be opened with Excel or Notepad. I like also to use CSVpad - a simple CSV editor as it will open with columns.

Beginners should work with the following files: craft, discovery and house which can be opened with notepad or CSVpad: animals, resources and plants can be opened with Excel.

That's enough for now. Next up re-configuring something. Any questions please ask.

Link to Steam Modding community for Forest village:
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ForestVillageModding

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:46 am
Draconian Saint

Post Re: Life is Feudal:Forest Village and Modding
The latest major patch 0.9.6100 Part 1 broke all modes and made major coding changes. Currently we are only really able to work with the csv files. Buildings are now all lua files. We are waiting for Part 2 patch to see if that fixes the modding problem. Since the game is Early Access and in development this is to be expected.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:46 pm
Draconian Saint

Major coding changes make the game even more easy to mod. Once the third part of the major update is released I should be able to give some instructions for modding. I am working on a sound mod. Currently we are limited to what we can do but I am hoping that the devs will once the game nears completion make it possible to do some more sophisticated sound mods. I can dream can't I? The tavern is still pretty useless unless you change the base happiness to zero so I have been told by one of our better modders. I dropped it from 50 to 40 with no effect.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:23 am
Draconian Saint

I am working on a project to add some voices and other sound to the game. I made a video not a very good one but the best I could do right now. This video is directed to potential voice actors who are not familiar with the game.Here is the link:

Miracles do happen I actually got it right this time. :)

This is just to give people a little idea of what the game is like and what can be seen in the game.

Thu May 04, 2017 9:19 am
Kinsman

Have thanks: 67 time
Sorry to have taken so long to get here Nakia. This is great. I think Mr K has a portal to get from house to house to when someone knocks :) Love the lines, they're very natural.

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]