View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:08 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the Dragon Captions forum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94
 Square Neck Block Head in Texas 
Draconian Saint

Have thanks: 166 time
Post Re: Square Neck Block Head in Texas
Hello, Mr. K,

As I posted on FaceBook the devs have responded to my inquiries and although we currently limited as to what we can do things could well improve once the game is released. Once change in the editor setting for this game is the recordings should be made in stereo so please set Audacity to stereo when recording lines for Forest Village. In the next few days I will be posting up some sample lines and ideas AI have.

Wed May 24, 2017 7:03 am
Report this post
Kinsman

Have thanks: 164 time
Record in Stereo?

Well I'll have to see if I can. I'll have to try to run 2 Mics so I can record a left, and a right track. Dang this recording stuff is confusing.

OK, just a funny, just in case you needed one.

:WOOT:

Your Friend in Texas

Thu May 25, 2017 11:22 pm
Report this post
Draconian Saint

Have thanks: 166 time
Hi, Mr. K,

The game is due to be released today so I will be checking it out for updates and what can be done. Don't worry about the stereo they have both mono and stereo sound tracks. I am using my gaming headset so that is no problem for me.

Fri May 26, 2017 9:36 am
Report this post
Kinsman

Hi Everybody, yep, that means you too.

Well we went to Seattle for a week, 6/7 to 6/14, to see my Little Girl Graduate with a Masters of Music! She is now a Master in Singing Opera, and other kinds of music.

It was a Fantastic Vacation for Me, and my Wife, and Katie Graduating was a bonus.

Katie is staying in Seattle for at least a year, and we will pay her way until she manages to become self supporting. She will be working with her Voice Teacher, and working on finding a job in Music, someplace, some how in the Seattle area. She has been looking, and making contacts, and talking to people about music jobs, and has some promising prospects, but the process of going from talking, interviewing, and actually getting an offer can take a wile to work through. The Seattle area has a lot of Opera singing, and non-singing jobs. Her Boyfriend is a computer Engineer at Amazon, and they have music jobs, and one is a possibility, maybe. She could work with one of the Opera Houses to do singing, and Opera education with kids in local schools. Being a Music Librarian is a very big job in Opera Houses, and in Music Schools in area Universities, so that is something she is talking to people about. She could make a living waiting tables in many good restaurants, but none of us wants her to do that, she could do that here in Houston. :cry:

She did find a cheaper place to live, so that will help. I may make a trip to help her move in August. It turns out all her friends don't have a car, it's a Seattle thing, gas is about a $ more, and parking in town is hard, and expensive. Katie's little Fiat is not big enough to move her bed, or dresser, so I may fly up, and rent a van, and help move her, we will see if I am needed.

Your Friend in Texas

Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:39 pm
Report this post
Draconic Admin

Have thanks: 288 time
Wow! It seems like just last month she was moving up to Seattle to go to school. How time flies.

I wish her all the best. I have some friends that live up that way and they say Seattle is a beautiful place to live. Expensive, but beautiful. I know plenty of other places that resemble that, come to think of it. And, some weren't all that beautiful.

Teaching music to kids is, I believe, quite lucrative and there are a lot of parents who will pay to get their kids to sing properly and well. The big advantage of teaching music is you don't need to rent an extra place to do business. Most tutors I've known teach from their homes.

If she can get a part or two in one of the operas, she will get a good teaching reputation. Not to mention a good reputation to get more roles. Operas and other performing companies are looking as much for reliability as talent.

Anyway, I wish her all the best. Seems like she's gotten a good start.
Nowena has been thanked by:

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:26 pm
Report this post
Kinsman

Hi Everybody,

Katie managed to get herself moved. She rented a truck, and with some help from her friends, she got moved. Only a little to the North of where she was, several blocks away.

Katie is working 2 jobs. One is delivering groceries to homes in the area for Whole Foods, kind of a "Uber" kind of thing. The other is Teaching, She is working for an organization that gives Music Lessons to anybody that needs them. She is teaching Piano, Voice, and Piano/Voice lessons to several students, and making good money. She is getting new students, and making more money, so I think she will be doing very well teaching music lessons soon. In Texas most people in school get their music, Vocal, Instrumental Lessons at their local school, but the Seattle schools, don't do it that way. She has students from about 9 years old, to Adults. Soon, she will be singing for a church again, they don't have paid singers in the summer, but soon, if not already, she will get money from that, for not much time. So maybe she can cover her expenses completely. I haven't needed to give her much more than here regular allowance, only a little for extra expenses, here, and there. At some point the Student Loans for her will come due, and that will be expensive, I just don't know how expensive yet.

Kim is doing sort of OK, she is divorcing Casey, and still working as a Nanny. She is not making much money as a Nanny, but she loves it, and she is making it fine so far. She has moved in with a few of here friends in a big apartment. She is doing a lot of cooking, and the other ladies seem to love her cooking. If you remember, Casey did almost all the cooking, but Kim did learn a lot about food from her Mom, my Mom, and from my Mother-in-Law, and from Casey, so she can cook very well, and she is having fun cooking. She is driving my old, and worn-out Corolla, and needs a new car. I, and my Wife, have been telling her we will buy her a car since she was in college, but we never had money for that. Maybe if Katie's Student Loan payments are not too much, we could finally buy her a car, but I doubt it as of now.

Talking about cars, we did replace our old Odyssey Van, for a new Odyssey van. We decided the expenses to maintain it, and the failure rate was getting higher, so we pulled the trigger. Man that Odyssey is one nice ride, smooth, quiet, with plenty of power. It doesn't have a roof rack, or a trailer hitch, so at some point, I will need to add them, for the Kayaks, and the Camper.

Anyway, Life is Good!

Your Friend in Texas

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:20 pm
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94